Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More trust in God

Dear friends,

So, when you think your financial situation is already dire, it is usually then that more bad news hits. This was my yesterday. While the situation isn't as dire as some people's situation, it is still distressing, trying to figure out where money is going to come from to do basic things. As an addendum, to add insult to injury, my paycheck shrunk slightly (alas!).

But despite the bad news yesterday, I didn't despair. I went to the chapel, to turn to God, and I asked Him for help. I feel very at peace right now, although I don't know where the money is going to come from. I don't have any answers about the next year, except that I know the next year is going to happen, with or without me. I feel right now, that even though I don't have any answers, My wife and I will be ok, and that we will be able to do what we have planned. But let me reiterate: I don't have the answers. But it will be ok.

Actually, this is only half true. I called my wife after the news and told her, and I really had my doubts that everything was going to work out. It was her who told me to go pray, and it was her that helped me get back on the right track. Oh, me of little faith. I am always so quick to despair, and not so quick to say a prayer! Lord, increase my faith in you and your Divine Providence. Help me to always follow you, regardless of the circumstances.

I firmly believe that the trials of late are really tests; may these tests strengthen me, and may they allow me to follow Christ more clearly and more nearly.

We must pray for all of those who are really in dire straits, that God may bless them and give them the grace to persevere. May they be in Mary's arms during this time of need.

May God bless you. And please, if you have a moment, say a prayer for me and my intentions. Know that I pray for those who read these words which I speak. May the Holy Spirit abundantly make up for what I lack.

No comments: