Monday, February 9, 2009

A point of clarification

Some of the readers of this blog may be confused by the fact that this blog has stuff on the priesthood on it and the other blog I run has stuff exclusively on the priesthood, yet I have pictures up of my recent engagement. I want to go on the record to avoid confusion that I am not a priest, nor am I a seminarian. I was in the seminary, but not anymore, and I am discerning with my fiancee about married life. I work at a seminary, and I happen to work in a vocations office, with my full time work being priestly vocations work, but let me say again, I am engaged, and I am not a priest or a seminarian.

I do realize that my life is very ironic. Here I am, having been in seminary and on my off times living in a rectory, and now I work in a seminary and I live in an old convent that has been converted into a Catholic men's house. There I was, discerning whether I was called to be a priest, and now I work full time for priestly vocations. God is probably laughing, because I know I am. But God is good; I know I wasn't looking to be where I am now; it just was a number of chance occurances that got me here. But they aren't chance occurances, since I know God knows what he is doing, and I know I will be ok as long as I listen to Him and follow His will for me. I feel very confident that I am supposed to be doing what I am doing right now. And because of that, I have a lot of consolation.

I suggest you do the same: listen to Him and do not worry, whatever may come your way.

May you all remain close to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

No comments: